"Sound" keyword on bugzilla

Henri Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 09:47:09 CST 2012

On 20 January 2012 17:25, Dmitry Timoshkov <dmitry at baikal.ru> wrote:
> If the problem is sound related there are usually some known words in
> the summary line describing the problem, why not search for them? Why
> do you think inventing a new keyword and adding it to the buch of bugs
> is easier that correctly formulate the problem using right words in
> the summary?

Well, at least searching is easier for a well defined keyword than for
a free form summary line. With a keyword you wouldn't have to take
into account differences in formulation like e.g. "audio" vs. "sound".

That aside, it does seem to me that there's some overlap in
functionality between keywords and components. I'm not quite sure how
other people use the component field, but maybe we don't need both.
Somewhat related, is it really useful to make the distinction between
mmdevapi, winmm, dsound, etc. if it's mostly the same people working
on those, and you practically need to debug a bug first before you can
make that distinction anyway?