Web based translation tool

Frédéric Delanoy frederic.delanoy at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 17:00:04 CDT 2012

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 16:23, Michal Čihař <michal at cihar.com> wrote:
>> With some sort of merging of commits
>> things get more complex.
>
> It turned out such feature seems to be important for more projects, so I
> will end up implementing some way of merging of commits for 1.0.
> Details can be found at https://github.com/nijel/weblate/issues/16

I don't know how your tool/system exactly works, so my comment may be
a bit naive/wrong, but instead of merging commits, couldn't there be
instead (or as a complement) some kind of session/transaction system
where a user translates a number of msgids, then sort of "commits" its
changes to close the session/transaction, which would trigger the git
commit creation?

That would (help) limiting the # of git commits created IMO, at the
cost of some additional complexity

Frédéric