Call for papers - FOSDEM 2013

Francois Gouget fgouget at codeweavers.com
Thu Nov 1 18:39:44 CDT 2012

On Thu, 1 Nov 2012, Jeremy White wrote:
[...]
> A 'paper' can be a talk you wish to give, or a topic you think we should
> discuss.  As always, they should be relatively brief, and should
> emphasize discussion and collaboration.

I think we will want to talk about the new WineTestBot and its future
developments. But I'm not sure it should be a FOSDEM talk.

WineTestBot is after all Wine-specific. Also I feel like all I have
about the really interesting subjects(*) is questions which does not
really make for a good presentation.

But at the same time I'd be interested in ideas from others and the
FOSDEM people may have faced some of these issues already, or at least
set up sophisticated automated testing systems and know what works and
what doesn't.

(*) A particularly interesting one to me is testing untrusted code on
real hardware (with possible approaches being direct access to a
graphics card from within a VM, or network booting (plus remote
controlled power switch?), Grub tricks). Another may be testing on
non-VM friendly OSes, specifically Mac OS X, though that may just be a
matter of doing a more in-depth Google search to find a legal and
libvirt-compatible solution.

--
Francois Gouget <fgouget at codeweavers.com>