dssenh: implementing the dssenh cryptographic service provider

Juan Lang juan.lang at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 17:16:28 CDT 2012

Hi Marek,

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 2:57 PM, Marek Chmiel <kcmark at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
> over the summer I had a chance to complete the regression test suite
> for the DSSENH cryptographic provider; thank you to those that helped
> along the way. I am currently researching how to implement the actual
> provider, and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. A question
> I have is: RSAENH AND DSSENH both use the same encryption algorithms
> (I am not 100% sure about that yet), so for example could I use one
> that was written for RSAENH or shall I write those functions on my own
> using Libtomcrypt?

There are some algorithms in common, e.g. MD5 and SHA1. For these, I
think you'd want to copy/paste the existing implementation from rsaenh
into dssenh. There are other algorithms, e.g. DSS aka DSA, e.g. DH,
that are not. For these, I think you'd want to use an existing
implementation, but since none exists in Wine, you'd have to import
new code.  libtomcrypt's license makes it relatively easy to use.

Hope that helps,
--Juan