GSoC proposal

George Stephanos gaf.stephanos at gmail.com
Fri May 17 02:35:53 CDT 2013

As we know already from [1], the merge is going to happen according to
certain rules.
The list at the end of the page signifies which subkeys are going to be
*merged* from HKLM\Software\Classes\subkey and HKCU\Software\Classes\subkey
and not simply linked to.

Now there's a comment on the article that says that list is stored in a
key. That lead me into thinking that the list is dynamic and should be
determined at runtime using that key. However that key doesn't exist on my
Win8 box or the web even.
Should I just assume the list is static and build my tests/code according
to it? Is there something I'm missing?

[1] -
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms724498(v=vs.85).aspx