Daemonizing wine (fix for issue #15462)

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Tue Nov 26 12:29:56 CST 2013

Micha Nelissen <micha at neli.hopto.org> writes:

> The patch creates a daemon.err logfile in the wine server dir
> (/tmp/.wine-XXX/YYY/), where the output of wineserver.exe,
> services.exe, and all other background processes go.

I don't think that's a good idea. In the debugging case, you want all
the traces to go to the same place, and when displaying errors, no user
is ever going to see them in that file. Not to mention that the log file
is going to grow endlessly.

> I've removed the inheritance of stdin/stdout/stderr in
> server/process.c (that took some time to find!) because in windows,
> either you set bInheritHandles to true with CreateProcess and you
> inherit stdin etc too, or you set it false, and you get nothing. So
> this patch should also increase winapi compatibility.

This should be a separate patch, with test cases.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org