ntdll: Perform the offset checks also for a serial device.

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at baikal.ru
Wed Sep 25 20:53:14 CDT 2013

Francois Gouget <fgouget at free.fr> wrote:

> > > How so? That is: what should I do to fix it?
> >
> > Investigate, find the source of failures and fix it? Note, that all
> > other VMs pass this test just fine, moreover, this same w7pro64 VM
> > doesn't always fail.
>
> You obviously know more about this API and that test than I do. Further,
> before claiming the VM is broken I'm sure you have positively determined
> that the successes you had on your boxes were not just due to luck but
> that something really is wrong with the VM. So please don't waste my
> time, at least share your results.

Obviously you need nothing to know about the test except that it works with
a COM-port, so the only thing you'd need to investigate is the difference
between VMs in COM-port setup, and try to figure out why this test doesn't
always pass. I have no no idea what kind of results you have in mind that
I'd need to share. Also I'd appreciate avoiding the wording like "please
don't waste my time", otherwise it becomes pretty obvious that I should
just reply to failure notifications in the testbot with simple "it's broken"
and stop wasting my time explaining why.

--
Dmitry.