opengl32: glBindTexture() and glDeleteTextures() require an active GL context

Bruno Jesus 00cpxxx at gmail.com
Sat Jun 21 15:39:25 CDT 2014

On Sat, Jun 21, 2014 at 5:33 PM, Roderick Colenbrander
<thunderbird2k at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Bruno,
>
> My initial feeling is that the app is just buggy, since calling functions
> without a context is very questionable. Assuming we want to any checking on
> NULL-contexts, please edit the make_opengl script since opengl_norm.c is all
> auto-generated. Since this code is tricky, I would recommend writing a test
> case for our test suite. Years ago (pre-wine 1.0) we had code to keep some
> implicit GL context around, because allegedly some game required it (I think
> it was Homeland). Though when I tried to reproduce that behavior I didn't
> see it in the game. I think I wrote some tests for Windows, but don't
> remember the results.

Hi, thanks for the reply. I agree the app is buggy but as it works in
Windows I thought the patch was useful, I tried checking the
make_opengl but didn't understand it, there is no glBindTexture there
for example. I'll leave the bug to someone else with real experience
in the area.

> Thanks,
> Roderick

Best regards,