buildbot status

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Tue Sep 20 14:51:53 CDT 2011

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 12:27 PM, Stefan Dösinger
<stefandoesinger at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to set up an OSX buildbot on my old(2006) iMac. The Wine build is
> dog slow, at least without ccache. I haven't timed it yet, but my rough
> estimate is that a full compile takes more than an hour.

ouch, that's slow!

> There are numerous tests that fail. I'll look into those that I know(d3d
> mostly), and blacklist all the others.

yeah, we probably need a mac blacklist category.

> The machine has a Core 2 Duo CPU, a Radeon X1600 GPU, OSX 10.6, 1 GB of
> memory. I've installed a number of extra packages manually, like a modern
> libpng, libtiff, etc to make some tests and configure requirements happy. I can
> upgrade RAM if this buildbot turns out to be useful.
>
> I hope the Python version OSX ships has everything required by buildbot,
> otherwise this will get messy. I'm also uncertain about other requirements
> like winbind(osx has some tool called winbindd) or ccache.
>
> I'm still not sure which X server to use. CrossOver's X server needs a hack in
> Wine to work and is kinda non-standard. The OSX builtin X server doesn't
> support Xvidmode or Xrandr, which causes gdi32 test failures and skips lots of
> d3d tests(The d3d tests can be made happy with a virtual desktop).

A document or script showing how to set up a mac would be a good byproduct.
(http://wiki.winehq.org/MacOSX is fine but kind of general, it has too
many choices;
a specific document or script showing exactly how you did it would be great.)

Sounds like I should go back to a virtual desktop, since that
would also solve the no-monitor-plugged-in problem.

> On Tuesday 20 September 2011 17:33:23 Dan Kegel wrote:
>> The bot is currently caught up.
> Are emails enabled? If so it seems you've cought all the false warnings :-)

No, email is currently disabled again, there were too many new-bot failures.
(There's also a buildbot bug related to attachments they've asked for
more data on.)
I'll enable it again when I have time.
- Dan