My "needs". Can Wine be a solution for me?.

Pifias jluiscanales-estosobra at eresmas.net
Mon Apr 9 15:33:55 CDT 2001

Hello all:

I need to use MS Access 97 and MS Word 97 in my job. I need too to visit
every day a web that is designed to be viewed exclusively with MS Internet
Explorer.

These are the things that keep me attached to Windows 98. I tried to solve
the paranoic constant rebooting of the computer with a VMWare virtual
machine but it's too resource-wasting. Before beginning to spend time on
learning how to run them with Wine I just wanto to make sure there is a
possibility to make them work. I have a real Windows 98 "C:\" partition
(the one from VMWare: I use a real disk with this tool).

Is these W98 tools performance under Wine emulation complete and stable?. I
need them to work properly, at least with no many more problems that they
cause on a real Windows environment.

I would like to use Getright 4.3 and maybe Forté Free Agent but they are
not "critical" for my daily use of the computer.