wine on mandrake 8.0

herwig verbeke herwig.verbeke at skynet.be
Sat Apr 28 04:19:30 CDT 2001

I am using Mandrake 8.0 (on /dev/hda5) with Windows 2000 (on /dev/hda2)
mounted as /mnt/win2000 and the windows swap file (on /dev/hdb12) mounted as
/mnt/k.

I installed wine-20010305-1.i386.rpm and then ran winesetup.

When it got to Autodetect I got following message:

Unable to detect any users on WinNT/2k partition mounted on /mnt/k. This
means that this windows installation is probably damaged and can't be used.

When I clicked Ok I got following message:

Unable to detect any users on WinNT/2k partition mounted on /mnt/win2000.
This means that this windows installation is probably damaged and can't be
used.

I clicked OK and then selected Use an Existing Windows Directory and set it
to /mnt/win2000.

I then checked Drives and found following:

V:    /mnt/win2000
X:    /tmp

I then checked Paths and found following:

Windows:       V:\winnt
System:          V:\winnt\system32
Profile:           V:\winnt\Profiles\Default User
Temp:             X:

The strange thing is Profiles. In Windows 2000 there is a winnt\profile
directory but, at least in my case, it has only one subdirectory, nl All
Users (with an Adobe subdirectory).

What is wrong here?