wine and microsoft word file write errors ???

Dan Sawyer dansawyer at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 17 19:05:56 CST 2001

Lawson,

I did read your suggested input and validated that in fact they were all
implemented.

This reply was a reply to a second answer.

Here is the fstab section:

/dev/hda3       /          ext2    defaults        1 1
/dev/hda7    /usr        ext2    defaults,auto    0 0
/dev/hda6    /home          ext2    defaults,auto     0 0
/dev/hda1    /mnt/win98  vfat    defaults,auto,umask=0,sync    0 0

Here is the referenced ls /mnt output line:

drwxrwxrwx   21 root     root         4096 Dec 31  1969 win98

Here is the copy of the $HOME/.wine/config file

[Drive C]
"Path" = "/mnt/win98"
"Type" = "hd"
"Label" = "win98"
"Filesystem" = "win95"

It was your input that got the permissions to 0777, however Word still
fails.

This error must be either part of a registry or word config parameter, etc.

Again,  Thank you for your help,
Dan