Nero

Martin Hoffmann ma.hoff at t-online.de
Wed Dec 26 16:53:42 CST 2001

Hi,

i try to run Nero Bruning Rom 5.0 under Wine !

I had installed it with the wine release 20010731 that came with my suse 7.3
after adding the line
[scsi c0t2d0]
"Device" = "/dev/sg0"
to my ~/.wine/config it ran fine and was able to burn CDs on my teac cd-r55s
scsi recorder. Only some minor graphic glitches were annoying.

The i removed wine build 20010731 and dowloaded the preview 5 version
(release 20011108) from codeweavers (rpm) and installed it !
Now i have the following error message when starting nero:

fixme:win32:DEVICE_Open Unknown/unsupported VxD BsUDF.VXD. Try --winver nt40
or win31 !
fixme:win32:DEVICE_Open Unknown/unsupported VxD nerocd95. Try --winver nt40
or win31 !

And nero cannot find any scsi or software emulated virtual cd device :-( And
guess what --winver nt40 or win31 didn't fix the problem :-(

Even cleaning the fake_windows dir and doing a fresh install of nero didn't
help :-(
Same with a fresh compiled current cvs of WineX !

Something seems to have changed in the wine developement that isn't
compatible with neros .vxd ?

Changing back to wine 20010731 from my suse distri, works again !

Anyone ??? Any idea ????

(btw.: I also tried to install the demo of nero 5.5 - which was reported to
work in the app db - but this one crashed while installing with complaints
about nerocd95.vxd could not be copied ... But that's a different story, i
guess ...)

Thanks in advance, Martin