Troubles with Windows Me Registry in latest CVS

drovar drovar at alltel.net
Wed Feb 14 03:35:00 CST 2001

I'm having a problem that I'm not sure the cause of. I've never had a
problem with wineinstall until recently. I have full read/write access to
my Windows partition and wineinstall can see it. However it fails to find
the Windows registry for some reason.

I'm running Windows Me, on that partition. For Linux I'm running Redhat
7, and latest CVS.

Here's the messages I get.

Created /root/.wine/config using your existing Windows installation.
You probably want to review the file, though.

Checking for real Windows registry...
Not found, default Wine registry will be installed.

Compiling regapi...
gcc -c -I. -I. -I../../include -I../../include  -g -O2 -Wall -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -fPIC -DSTRICT -D_RE
sr/X11R6/include -o regapi.o regapi.c
ld -r  regapi.o      -o regapi.tmp.o
strip --strip-unneeded regapi.tmp.o
LD_LIBRARY_PATH="../../unicode:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH" ../../tools/winebuild/winebuild -fPIC -L../../dlls -sym regap
egapi.spec.c -spec ./regapi.spec
gcc -c -I. -I. -I../../include -I../../include  -g -O2 -Wall -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -fPIC -DSTRICT -D_RE
sr/X11R6/include -o regapi.spec.o regapi.spec.c
gcc -shared  -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/lib -Wl,-Bsymbolic regapi.spec.o  regapi.o      -o regapi.so -L../../librar
ncurses -lm  -lutil -ldl
rm -f regapi && ln -s ../../wine regapi

Preparing to install default Wine registry entries...
Installing default Wine registry entries...

Warning: could not find wine config [Drive x] entry for current working directory /home/drovar/wine; starting
irectory.
Invalid path 'C:windowsSYSTEM' for system directory: does not exist
Perhaps you have not properly edited or created your Wine configuration file.
This is '/root/.wine/config'
Registry install failed.