TransGaming CVS build instructions

Gavriel State gav at transgaming.com
Mon Mar 26 17:21:11 CST 2001

drovar wrote:

> > the menu works for me ;) transgaming is working on the direct3d for
> > older directx's right now, and system shock 2 seems very popular on
> > their moch voting part of their page.  i'm sure it'll be working soon,
> > you can try out the cvs of winex from transgaming.com (hit the
> > sourceforge cvs page, the patch for wine is getting old i guess)
>
> How do you go about getting this from CVS exactly? I don't know a lot about
> CVS so I'm guessing I don't understand the command syntax.
>
> The instructions for Anonymous CVS access on their Sourceforge page are
>
> cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.winex.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/winex login
>
> cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.winex.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/winex co
> modulename
>
> What do I put in place of modulename to retrieve a buildable set of files?

The modulename is 'wine'.

Rather than include the CVSROOT on the command line, this might make a bit
more sense for you:

 $ cd

 $ mkdir transgaming

 $ cd transgaming

 $ export CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous at cvs.winex.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/winex

 $ cvs login
   [hit enter when it asks for a password]

 $ cvs -z3 co wine

 $ cd wine

 $ ./configure

 $ make depend && make

Have fun - but remember that the CVS tree isn't always going to be perfectly
stable....

 -Gav

--
Gavriel State, CEO