TransGaming CVS build instructions

Miran Kenk kenkm at home.com
Mon Mar 26 20:49:44 CST 2001

Gavriel State wrote:

> drovar wrote:
> >
> > > the menu works for me ;) transgaming is working on the direct3d for
> > > older directx's right now, and system shock 2 seems very popular on
> > > their moch voting part of their page.  i'm sure it'll be working soon,
> > > you can try out the cvs of winex from transgaming.com (hit the
> > > sourceforge cvs page, the patch for wine is getting old i guess)
> >
> > How do you go about getting this from CVS exactly? I don't know a lot
> > about CVS so I'm guessing I don't understand the command syntax.
> >
> > The instructions for Anonymous CVS access on their Sourceforge page are
> >
> > cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.winex.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/winex login
> >
> > cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.winex.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/winex co
> > modulename
> >
> > What do I put in place of modulename to retrieve a buildable set of
> > files?
>
> The modulename is 'wine'.
>
> Rather than include the CVSROOT on the command line, this might make a bit
> more sense for you:
>
>  $ cd
>
>  $ mkdir transgaming
>
>  $ cd transgaming
>
>  $ export
>  CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous at cvs.winex.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/winex
>
>  $ cvs login
>    [hit enter when it asks for a password]
>
>  $ cvs -z3 co wine
>
>  $ cd wine
>
>  $ ./configure
>
>  $ make depend && make
>
> Have fun - but remember that the CVS tree isn't always going to be
> perfectly stable....
>
>  -Gav

Ehhh... I appreciate the swiftness, and the detail of the instructions, but
I think my problem is much more basic. This is a newbie cry for help...

I installed winex as instructed, but I still hit the same thing:

Line 67: Unrecognized input 'ShowDirSymlinks=1'
Line 68: Unrecognized input 'ShellLinker" = "wineshelllink"'
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_rdlock
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_unlock
Could not stat /mnt/fd0 (No such file or directory), ignoring drive A:
fixme:win32:DEVICE_Open Unknown VxD SICE. Try --winver nt40 or win31 !
fixme:win32:DEVICE_Open Unknown VxD SIWVID. Try --winver nt40 or win31 !
fixme:win32:DEVICE_Open Unknown VxD NTICE. Try --winver nt40 or win31 !

Trying winever win31 just makes a windowsish screen pop up, telling me to
shut off the debugger and try again. As far as I know, the debugger is not
even on.

Well, anyone that hasn't snorted in disguist and looked away, please give
me a hand at configuring my wine. Please. I am afraid to tweak it too much,
lest I be deprived of my counter-strike fix. :)

Thanks y'all

Miran