wine options missing

gerard patel nomailthankyoug.patel at wanadoo.fr
Tue Mar 27 18:26:48 CST 2001

On Tue, 27 Mar 2001 21:14:05 +0200, Marcus Roeckrath
<marcus.roeckrath at gmx.de> wrote:

>I have put the desktop directive into config a long time ago.
>
>But sometimes it is necessary to run program x with a 800x600 desktop
>while another program is nicely to use with an desktop of 1024x768.

In  this case, currently the only way I see is to have
several config files - it's possible through the use
of environment variables such as WINEPREFIX,
that allows you to set the directory for the Wine
config file :

export WINEPREFIX=/home/gerard/.wine

>Disabling the desktop keyowrd in config will make little programs
>like sol.exe to appear in little window while special desktop sizes
>could be forced by --desktop using other programs.
>
>I loved it to have great variability in desktop sizes.

It's supposed to be possible again by fiddling with the Wine
registry at some time in the future.

Gerard