Microsoft "Windows for Linux"

Skylar Thompson skylar at utumno.attglobal.net
Wed May 9 16:37:11 CDT 2001

"Vestal, Roy L." wrote:

> How is it different, or is it, from VMware?  I'm currently using VMware.

I have not gotten it to work yet (I need more hard drive space - three operating systems
in 4.2 GB), but apparently Win4Lin runs Windoze as an actual Linux process, rather than
starting a virtual machine. This makes it less resource intensive, but a less flexible
than an actual virtual machine.

--
--Skylar Thompson (skylar at attglobal.net)

`All that is gold does not glitter/Not all those who wander are lost
The old that is strong does not wither/Deep roots are not reached by the frost