[ANN] new rpms for SuSE uploaded

Pifias jluiscanales-estosobra at eresmas.net
Sat May 19 02:58:05 CDT 2001

Manfred H. Winter dijo:

> Hi!
>
> I've uploaded new rpms for SuSE 7.1 on my download page
> http://www.mahowi.de/download/. It's the CVS snapshot of May, 14.

I downloaded and tried to use the previous version you had on your web. I
did a backup of all my wine configuration in /etc and /home and then I used
the same configuration files I had with the new version. The result was
that programs launched with wine crashed suddenly after about 20 seconds of
working. The only error message was "Resource temporarily not available"
and I think it was an error output of my system and not a wine message
since the message was in Spanish, that is the language I use on my SuSE.

I had to come back to my SuSE's version of wine to continue using Agent and
Getright.

What is the right way to update my wine?. Should I overwrite the files in
/etc/opt/wine with the old ones I have now in /etc and seem to work OK?.
Was there any mistake on the rpms you updated previously or was it a
problem of my system?.

I would try to use some programs that actually don't work on the wine
version I have (the one in SuSE 7.1 CDs).