Lotus Notes R5, bad class name error

Tim Lavoie tool_man at spamcop.net
Fri Nov 16 16:19:03 CST 2001

In article <3BF57A7E.4030903 at rlknight.com>, Richard W. Knight wrote:

> Tim, Gerard;
>
> Something is very broken in Wine versions 20010731 and later including
> the Trangaming versions. The only way I have been able to get Lotus
> Notes to work properly is to install and configure it under
> Wine-20010629. Under the 20010629 verion EVERYTHING seems to work. After
> installing Notes, I switched back to the Transgaming cvs (20011004) and
> Notes still works except that certain buttons stop functioning. None of
> the setings tools can be used so the basic installation of Notes cannot
> be changed but with everything allready configured this may not be too
> much of a problem.

OK, thanks for the note. The old version works better for me too, I
seem to have trouble getting to my Notes desktop with the new one too.
Since I don't use wine for much else yet, I'll probably stick with the
old build.

    Thanks,
    Tim

--
UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because that
would also stop you from doing clever things.