Sudden Strike Demo

Khayman khayman.nopigbottom. at bigfoot.com
Mon Nov 19 01:26:05 CST 2001

"Andreas Mohr Usenet 10/01" <a31dgo001 at sneakemail.com> skrev i meddelandet
news:9t4h74$ben$1 at news.BelWue.DE...
> Khayman <khayman.nopigbottom. at bigfoot.com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
>
> > I have been struggling with Codeweaver's wine for some time now and I
have
> > run into a strange problem with the demo of Sudden Strike - when I start
the
> > demo, I get a choice between different resolutions and buttons for
"start",
> > "readme" and "quit".
> > The strange thing is that if I click on the "start", wine gives me the
> > "readme"! The "quit" and the "readme" buttons work as they should, but
not
> > the "start", so it's not like rolling the buttons around or anything...
>
> > Any ideas??
> First, try messing with focus.
> Maybe it's simply a focus issue (which would be a bug anyway).
> Press Tab multiple times until you're sure that this button is selected.
>
> This actually sounds interesting, but I didn't feel like downloading
> yet another 65 MB today (yeah, I do have DSL, but it's not exactly
> speedy today).
>
> You might want to debug it using
> --debugmsg +relay,+event,+msg,+win,+dialog
> or so.

I can't start my windows setup anymore to check this, but I am getting
worried that maybe the readme is supposed to be shown before the game
starts, so after klicking OK on the readme you get to kill the russians...
But it sure seems like you only get back to the first screen, no errors or
anything...

I'll try your debug idea later!

Khay.