mouse problem with 'standard' Windows program

Ove Kaaven ovehk at ping.uio.no
Mon Nov 19 03:03:42 CST 2001

On Mon, 19 Nov 2001, gerard patel wrote:

> The right solution would probably to process some or all
> X events completely asynchronously but I'm unsure if it
> is the way to go.

I've been thinking about related issues myself, for example, the
overlapped I/O stuff. So I thought: if the wineserver notices that data is
available for overlapped I/O, then the wineserver can send the wine thread
a signal, then the signal handler can complete the overlapped I/O request
then, instead of waiting for a WaitFor operation. Now what if then the
x11drv could take advantage of overlapped I/O?

I'd think an overlapped I/O completion routine in the x11drv would be
cleaner than the x11drv.MsgWaitForMultipleObjects hacks Alexandre is using
now, anyway, even if it turns out we can't do the aboce.