another ttyS0 acces problem ;-)

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Tue Oct 16 12:09:18 CDT 2001

Japie <House-Mouse at hetnet.nl> wrote:
: In <9qgp8j$ecv$1 at news.BelWue.DE>, Andreas Mohr Usenet 10/01 wrote:

:> config bug !
:> "/dev/ttyS0,115200" *can't* be opened, that's just plain normal.
:>
:> Fix ~/.wine/config to use a sane /dev/ttyS0 in serialports.

: But then I get:
:> err:comm:SetCommState baudrate 0
: Any suggestions?

: Maybe that's an dum question but I can't compile the wine-docs because I
: don't have db2html! :-(

Here the best documentation is the source:
wine> grep SetCommStat */*/*.c
dlls/kernel/comm.c: *   SetCommState    (KERNEL32.@)
dlls/kernel/comm.c:BOOL WINAPI SetCommState(

dlls/kernel/comm.c:
     910                 default:
     911                         COMM_SetCommError(handle,IE_BAUDRATE);
     912                         close( fd );
     913                         ERR("baudrate %ld\n",lpdcb->BaudRate);
     914                         return FALSE;

So you have an application that requests a baudrate of 0 baud. Our wine
implementation of SetCommState thinks this is an error. Either it is really
an error, then you have to look where this 0 argument comes from. Or 0 as
baudrate argument has a special meaning and we have to implement that, when
we find out the meaning.

Bye
Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de