Type1 Fonts

Richard W. Knight rick at rlknight.com
Sun Oct 21 15:43:43 CDT 2001

gerard patel wrote:

>On Sun, 21 Oct 2001 11:14:31 -0700, "Richard W. Knight"
><rick at rlknight.com> wrote:
>
><enormous snip - is your delete key not working ?>
>
>>The patch worked as far as allowing Notes to run with wine-20011004, but
>>I still can't print.
>>

>Does the following message still appear ?
>
>To use WINEPS you need to install some AFM files.
>fixme:winspool:AddPrinterW DocumentProperties fails
>
><snip>
>
>>I've rechecked my config file and it looks good. When I delete
>>cachemetrics and start wine it rebuilds the file but every font shows as...
>>
>>"are not working correctly now.",
>>"has unknown registry 'fonspecific' and character encoding '0'" or
>>"has unknown registry 'sunolglyph' and character encoding '1'
>>

>I see the same messages on my Mandrake 8 computer and
>Wine prints fine. Some fonts have problems and some have
>unsupported functionalities. Are your Type1 fonts listed ?
>if not, they are used by Wine.
>
>Gerard

Yes Gerard, I still get that message and wine still won't print. I've
re-installed X and re-built/installed wine. Still no printing. Could it
be a problem with the X fonts? They work fine in Linux/X apps. Is there
a default font package I can download to try?

Thanks,
Rick Knight
(rick at rlknight.com)

I've