One VERY discouraged newbie...

Mike Sowka msowka at home.com
Wed Oct 31 01:27:06 CST 2001

After hearing all the rave about Half-Life/Counter-Strike on Wine I
decided to take the plunge myself... after rpm -e the default OLD wine
packages from my RH7.2 install I installed wine20011004 graciously
provided by http://www.linux-easy.com/daily/ ... setup my ~/.wine/config
and got VERY UPSET when Half-Life install would even work... barfing the
folloowing message! :(

[msowka at mainframe cdrom]$ ./Setup.exe
Warning: /usr/bin/wine not accessible from a configured DOS drive
Warning: /usr/bin/wine not accessible from a configured DOS drive
Warning: /usr/bin/wine not accessible from a configured DOS drive
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_rdlock
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_unlock
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_rdlock
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_unlock
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_rdlock
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_unlock
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_rdlock
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_unlock
err:win:WIN_FindWndPtr window 1002a belongs to other process
err:win:WIN_FindWndPtr window 10021 belongs to other process
err:win:WIN_FindWndPtr window 10029 belongs to other process
err:win:WIN_FindWndPtr window 1002a belongs to other process
err:win:WIN_FindWndPtr window 10021 belongs to other process
err:win:WIN_FindWndPtr window 10029 belongs to other process
[msowka at mainframe cdrom]$ wine --version
Wine release 20011004

Please... any suggestions will be MUCH appreciated.. :) I'm sure it's
just a newbie DUMP mistake or something.. THANK YOU
Mike