A Previous Setup Has Not Completed

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Mon Feb 25 11:21:25 CST 2002

On Mon, 25 Feb 2002, Gerhard W. Gruber wrote:

> On Sun, 24 Feb 2002 02:06:59 -0500 (EST) wrote lawson_whitney at juno.com in
> comp.emulators.ms-windows.wine with
> <20020224.021037.134664600.0.lawson_whitney at juno.com>
>
> >If you use the current CVS, a file an installer wants moved or deleted
> >is now entered in the Wine registry in
> >HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\System\\CurrentControlSet\\Control\\Session Manager.
> >No provision is made yet to actually do the move/delete.  You have to do
> >it by hand for now.  See <wine>/files/file.c about line 2000, there are
> >even some comments.

More like line 2100.  I guess you will need to remove the registry entry
by hand too, to convince the installer its wishes have been
accomplished.  Probably there is a way to do that with
echo <something> | regapi setValue -- -force
but it seems easier to just use an editor on ~/.wine/system.reg and
delete the offending lines.

[System\\CurrentControlSet\\Control\\Session Manager] 1014655955
"PendingFileRenameOperations"=str(7):"\\??\\C:\\saw\0\0"

Lawson
---oof---