IE5.5 (was:(no subject))

Martin Polley Martinp at Surf-com.com
Wed Sep 11 03:00:19 CDT 2002

Hi,

Does anyone know how I can convince IE5.5 (running under Codeweavers
Wine 20020411-6) that I am connected to the internet (using kppp)?

Thomas Wickline suggested I set my connection to LAN, but how do I do
this? Which key in which registry file do I need to change? Will this
solve the problem?

(I tried via Tools | Internet Options (optimistically), but I got a
bunch of "not yet implemented" error messages...)

TIA,

Martin Polley
Technical Communicator
http://www.surf-com.com/
martinp at surf-com.com
Tel: (+972) (4) 9095-732
Mobile: (053) 864-280
ICQ 15617901

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Polley
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2002 1:54 PM
To: twickline2 at triad.rr.com
Cc: wine-users at winehq.com
Subject: RE: IE5.5 (was:(no subject))

Thanks for the reply!

I tried the instructions on Frank's IE5.5 page, including copying all
the files and directories to my ~/.wine/fake_windows/ directory (except
jsnl.dll, which I could not find...)

I do not know if dcom95 exists somewhere in one of the directories that
I copied across, but I know that exactly the same thing happens when I
try to run IE on the Windows partition (instead of in fake_windows).

When I get home to my Linux machine I will try setting the connection to
a LAN connection. (Do I just go into Tools | Internet options and select
it there?)

Thanks again,

Martin Polley
Technical Communicator