Modal msgbox error (game installation problem)

r.young at irl.cri.nz r.young at irl.cri.nz
Sat Feb 22 19:34:01 CST 2003

Dear Wine-users,

According to the application database this game (Broken Sword II)
is meant to install and run under Wine.

However when I attempt to run the setup program
on the CD I get the following error message:

>root at Beauty:~# wine /cdrom/Setup.exe
>fixme:dialog:MSGBOX_OnInit task modal msgbox ! Not modal yet.

The error message appears after commdlg.dll is loaded.
I loaded the native comdlg32.dll and got past this point
but had the same problem with midimap.drv etc (ie the
same error message).

wine --debugmsg +file /cdrom/Setup.exe gave the following (extract):

trace:file:FILE_DoOpenFile reg.dat 0000
warn:file:FILE_DoOpenFile 'reg.dat' not found or sharing violation
warn:file:FILE_DoOpenFile (reg.dat): return = HFILE_ERROR error= 2
warn:file:CreateFileW Unable to get full filename from L"\\CLUSTERS\\resource.tab" (GLE 2)
fixme:dialog:MSGBOX_OnInit task modal msgbox ! Not modal yet.

I don't find reg.dat; resource.tab is on the CD...

Can someone suggest what the problem is and how to fix it?
(probably something quite simple since the game is meant to
run under Wine?)

I am running Wine 20030115.

Thanks,
Roger Young.