VirtualDub and enconding with DivX, XviD

Waldeck Schutzer schutzer at math.rutgers.edu
Sun Feb 23 15:36:31 CST 2003

Hi Stephan,

I've been sucessfully using VirtualDub for video editing and audio/video
reencoding using either DivX or Xvid. I use Xmpeg45 for mpeg to avi
conversion, which also works under Wine, but requires a small patch of
mine if you want to use YUY2 or YV12 (otherwise it will probably crash
in ddraw). My setup is the following:

- RedHat 8.0
- Wine - latest cvs, no Windows
- Virtual Dub 1.4.10
- Xmpeg 4.5
- DivX 5.0.2
- Xvid 2.1
- Only necessary codecs are listed - I've found that some (unused)
codecs would cause Wine to crash
- msvfw32 not listed in the config file (I assume Wine is using the
buitin version)

Best,
Waldeck