[Newbie] i can\'t run the acrobat

Yevgen Reznichenko yevgen.R at web.de
Sun Jan 26 04:19:04 CST 2003

Hello,,

Muralikrishnan B wrote:
> If your need is only to chk pdf files in linux, you can use the acrobat viewers for linux avbl from adobe\'s site.
>
> http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=10&platform=unix

By acroread i can't add comments.

> Further, if your Win NT / XP partition is NTFS then i would not suggest that you run apps on wine from it.
> NTFS mounting support in linux is still not good enough. You can at best get read-only mounts (wonder if that it a source of the problems you are facing)

Yes, my Win2000 Partition is with NTFS formated and Acrobat 5 is on NTFS
installed, but Acrobat 4 i have on FAT installed and the hang with the
same error. The Win2000-Partition is read-only mounted. Can this direct
to th error?

> Use the fake_windows partition that Wine creates, install your Win32 app in it & then see Wine rock & roll !

What a tool i need, for create the fake_windows paretition and for
install the apps. How many place on the HD i need.

P.S. i understand russain and germany, so you can send me the mails in
this language too :-)

--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Yevgen Reznichenko.