Handling conflicting keyboard shortcuts

Tony Lambregts tony_lambregts at telusplanet.net
Wed Jan 29 21:18:57 CST 2003

Paul McNett wrote:

>On Monday 27 January 2003 08:06 am, Emiliano wrote:
>

>>Paul, could you install vfp on Wine ? what version of vfp ?.
>>I'm trying to install vfp 6.0 without succes...( well not try to much
>>)   )
>>Please let me know how do you installed.
>>

>Yes, I have all versions of VFP from version 5 to version 8.  You need to
>have one of the latest builds of Wine, or apply the patch:
>http://cvs.winehq.com/patch.py?id=7029 which fixes a mouse click issue.
>Don't install VFP, as there are some dependencies that will fail.  Instead,
>install to a Windows computer and then copy the program directory and all
>subdirectories over to your fake-windows directory on your Linux box.
>
>Here's the config file overrides:
>
>;; Visual FoxPro Entries:
>
>;; VFP5:
>[AppDefaults\\vfp5.exe\\Version]
>"Windows" = "nt351"
>

>;; VFP6:
>[AppDefaults\\vfp6.exe\\Version]
>"Windows" = "nt351"
>

>;; VFP7:
>[AppDefaults\\vfp7.exe\\Version]
>"Windows" = "nt40"
>
>[AppDefaults\\vfp7.exe\\DllOverrides]
>"oleaut32" = "native"
>

>;; VFP8:
>[AppDefaults\\vfp8.exe\\Version]
>"Windows" = "nt40"
>
>[AppDefaults\\vfp8.exe\\DllOverrides]
>"oleaut32" = "native"
>

>The native oleaut32 for versions 7 and 8 are necessary because otherwise the
>_vfp system object doesn't get created.  There are resize problems with
>forms other than the main vfp form.  File and record locking doesn't work.
>WAIT WINDOW displays the text and then covers the text with the background
>color.  You'll want to run VFP on a separate workspace and not dock your
>command window or properties window.  After you start vfp you'll want to
>switch to another app and then switch back to vfp to activate the cursor.
>
>Good luck.

Getting these problems documented in bugzilla would be a Good Idea (TM).
One bug report for each problem and version.  Perhaps with a link to
related bugs.

http://bugs.winehq.org

Documentation to help filing good bug reports is here.

http://www.winehq.org/docs/wine-user/bug-reporting.shtml

--

Tony Lambregts