Warcraft 3

whitnl73 at juno.com whitnl73 at juno.com
Tue Mar 11 20:51:23 CST 2003

On Wed, 12 Mar 2003, Jens Lehmann wrote:

> First of all I would like to know if it's possible to run programs on a
> non-writable partition.(?) If it isn't I need to convert the
> NTFS-Partiton to FAT32. Sorry, that I didn't ask this directly.

Probably not, but it depends entirely on the app.  Most windows apps
seem to ... expect to be able to write to drive c:
see also documentation/installing.sgml

> /usr/bin/wine exists as well as /usr/bin/wine-bin.

yes and it is a wrapper script.

> I've put this in there. Now I get:
>
> jl at debian:/mnt/windows/Spiele/Warcraft III$ wine war3.exe -- -opengl
> Invoking /usr/bin/wine.bin war3.exe -- -opengl ...
> err:module:PE_fixup_imports Module (file) imm32.dll (which is needed by
> C:\Spiele\Warcraft III\war3.exe) not found
> Wine failed with return code 2
>

> If you want I can mail the debug-messages to you. imm32.dll seems to
> cause trouble. The folllowing files exist in my system:
>
> /usr/lib/wine/imm32.dll.so
> /mnt/windows/WINDOWS/system32/dllcache/imm32.dll
> /mnt/windows/WINDOWS/system32/imm32.dll

Yes, and has [Drive C] "Path" = "/mnt/windows"
and [wine]
"System" = "c:\\WINDOWS\\system32"

Spelling matters here, I think.  It is not finding that dll, so I guess
it doesn't know to look in \\WINDOWS\\system32, and probably "Path" =
has some misspellings too.  --debugmsg +file will show you at some
length where it is looking.

> The notepad.exe under the WINDOWS.
>
> If you need more information please ask. Maybe there is another problem
> because Warcraft needs the CD-ROM when starting.
>
> Jens

You may want to check the [Drive ] and "Device" = are correct and the
user is permitted to read them.

Lawson
--
---oops---