Warcraft 3

Anish Mistry mistry.7 at osu.edu
Fri Mar 14 09:10:36 CST 2003

I think this is a problem with the msvcrt.dll that is part of wine.  I worked
around the problem by copying my msvcrt.sll from my widnows partition,
asuming you have one.  This should fix the problem, but you might want to
file a bug report.

On Thursday 13 March 2003 10:06 pm, whitnl73 at juno.com wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Mar 2003, Jens Lehmann wrote:
>

> > jl at debian:~$ wine /cdrom/install.exe
> > Invoking /usr/bin/wine.bin /cdrom/install.exe ...
> > fixme:msvcrt:_XcptFilter (-1073741819,0x405b0900)semi-stub
> > wine: Unhandled exception, starting debugger...
> > err:seh:start_debugger Couldn't start debugger ("debugger/winedbg
> > 134688688 88") (2)
> > Read the Wine Developers Guide on how to set up winedbg or another
debugger
> > Wine failed with return code 5
> >
> > And some other error-messages:
> >
> > jl at debian:~$ wine /cdrom/autoplay.exe
> > Invoking /usr/bin/wine.bin /cdrom/autoplay.exe ...
> > fixme:process:CreateProcessA (X:\war3_Install.exe,...):
> > CREATE_NEW_PROCESS_GROUP ignored
> > fixme:process:CreateProcessA (X:\war3_Install.exe,...):
> > CREATE_DEFAULT_ERROR_MODE ignored
> > fixme:console:SetConsoleCtrlHandler ((nil),1) - no error checking or
> > testing yet
> > fixme:msvcrt:_XcptFilter (-1073741819,0x405b0900)semi-stub
> > wine: Unhandled exception, starting debugger...
> > err:seh:start_debugger Couldn't start debugger ("debugger/winedbg
> > 134738192 80") (2)
> > Read the Wine Developers Guide on how to set up winedbg or another
debugger
> > Wine failed with return code 101
> >
> > What does the following line mean?
> >
> > fixme:msvcrt:_XcptFilter (-1073741819,0x405b0900)semi-stub
> >
> > I tried to copy an msvrct.dll from Windows XP and from Windows 98 to
> > /home/jl/.wine/fake_windows/windows/system, but the error-message
> > doesn't change. I changed my config to "msvcrt" = "native", but still no
> > success.
> >
> > > Did you set the default to
> > > "*" = "native, builtin" or something?  AFAIK there is no native
> > > wineoss.drv, that needs to be builtin.  native rpcrt4 won't work, I
> > > think.  The only native dll's I use are msvcrt, riched32 and mfc* -
> > > because my app installed those.  Seems imm32.dll has enough deadbeef
> > > of its own (calls to undocumented functions we haven't gotten around to
> > > reverse-engineering yet) you don't neeed more from ole32, FI.
> > >
> > > <wine>/documentation/samples/config is a good starting point for
> > > [DllOverrides]
> >
> > I can't find the sample files in my installation (I installed the
> > libwine, wine-doc, wine-utils and wine-package).
>
> install SRPMS/wine, I guess, or get the latest source tarball.

http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/ALPHA/wine/development/Wine-20030219.tar.gz

ftp://ftp.infomagic.com/pub/mirrors/linux/sunsite/ALPHA/wine/development/Wine-20030219.tar.gz

ftp://ftp.fu-berlin.de/unix/linux/mirrors/sunsite.unc.edu/ALPHA/wine/development/Wine-20030219.tar.gz
>   ftp://orcus.progsoc.uts.edu.au/pub/Wine/development/Wine-20030219.tar.gz
>
> I think it might be a mistake to assume that the people who package wine
> rpm's for distro's know anything much about wine.  Uninstall the rpm if
> you decide to get the source and build/install it.  rpm's usually
> install it to conflicting directories.  If you know what you are doing,
> you can ./configure wine to install to the same directory the rpm puts
> it in, but it is easier to just uninstall the rpm and let wine install
> where it will.
>
> You could follow the CVS too, if you like.
>

>  > > Jens
> >
> Lawson
> --
> ---oops---