Sound OK on Linex apps b ut no sound under wine

Rick Shepherd richard.shepherd at eresmas.net
Fri May 30 02:21:07 CDT 2003

I am running  Debian 3.0r1+g2.2 Woody. I have, after some messing about,
discovered how to run

"sndconfig" and get Torval's voice OK

and now have sound under Linux apps (Linux Media Player, CD player etc.),
but no sound under Wine when running Win apps (mainly multimedia CDs created
with different authorware packages). But  get no errors, either, the sound
seems to be playing, but "silently". Volume control looks fine with nothing
muted. What can I try to get sound under Wine?

Rick Shepherd