Wine, stay away from my X fonts!

Shachar Shemesh wine-users at shemesh.biz
Fri May 30 12:57:45 CDT 2003

Duane Clark wrote:

> /* jsha */ wrote:
>
>>  .:. Hello.
>>
>>     The reason I can't get Wine to do anything is because it does
>> metrics
>>     of my X fonts and not the ones I've defined in the configuration
>> file
>>     alone. When it has built up around 80% (which takes a very long
>> time)
>>     it crashes due to one of my X fonts.
>>
>>     How to make Wine do *only* as it is told?
>>

> Assuming you have a recent version XFree86, sticking a collection of
> TrueType fonts into the windows/Fonts directory of your presumably
> fake Windows filesystem should cause Wine to use only those fonts.

It sounds as if he defined a fontdir with wine conf. That should have
achieved the same effect.

jsha - make sure you have freetype library installed on your system, and
that Wine was compiled with Freetype support.

If freetype is not available, Wine will have no choice but to use the X
fonts.

          Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh