Can't print more

Robert Shearman R.J.Shearman at warwick.ac.uk
Sun Nov 9 07:18:24 CST 2003

> Hi,
>
> I'm using wine with win partition. My printer was an Epson Stylus color
480 and wine > print with cups perfectly. This printer broken so I changed
to an Epson Stylus color > 600 (changed in windows system too) and wine
doesn't print more, although cups works > properly with other programs.

> When I click on "print preview" a message appears:
> Run-Time error '_2147417848 (800101108)

I assume you mean 0x80010108 which is RPC_E_DISCONNECTED.
I think something changed in your configuration. Try playing with the
built-in/native settings for oleaut32,ole32 and rpcrt4.

> Automation error
>
> If click once more, this message appears:
> Run-Time error '429'
> Activex component can't create object.
>
> In windows Epson 600 works well.
>
> Is this a windows bug? I need to reinstall windows?

No. There are two fundamental reasons for reinstalling Windows - corrupted
registry or corrupted files. This looks like neither.

Rob