Newbie Wine Question

Russ westbrookrl at comcast.net
Sun Nov 9 11:18:33 CST 2003

Hi All,

I have a question about wine that I hope someone can answer.

I have recently made the jump to all Linux (Mandrake 9.1). But there are
  some programs that I would like to be able to run under Linux. I do
not need to run MS Office (through Crossover Office), even though I own
a copy of MS Office professional. I use Open Office now and it works
just fine. I do not need to run WineX for games since the game I play
has a version for Linux (Tribes 2). The main program I would like to run
is Logos Bible software. I do have Gnome Sword running but I have about
$500 wrapped up in books for Logos. It would be nice to be able to use
it in linux.

Here are my questions:

I have a registered copy of Win98SE. If I create a dual boot system can
wine draw from that partition and be able to run more apps with more
stability? If so, should Logos be installed on the Win98 partition prior
to installing it in Linux?

Can it also work with XP. I just bought a new Computer (Dell) and I am
going to put Mandrake 9.2 on it and hopefully set wine up to run Logos.
Since the computer comes preinstalled with XP Home could wine use
something from it?

Thanks for any help
Russ