newbie help: regedit cannot edit !

Alfredo P. Ricafort alpot at mylinuxsite.com
Fri Oct 24 02:34:03 CDT 2003

Hi,

I just installed wine in my RH9 machine using an src rpm downloaded from
sourceforge.  In short, wine is locally compiled.

I'm having problem running MS Office 2000.  When I try to run it, it
gives an error messages saying that  "Required Registry Information Is
Missing...".

So I tried looking at the registry using regedit.  When I tried to
modify some of the entries, I can't.  Is it suppose to be this way? I
thought that is what regedit is suppose to do - edit the registry. Also,
I noticed that the color of the folders displayed are red. Does this
have any meaning?

Thanks.