Customizing the cxoffice windows experience

Rainer sourceforge at powered.net
Tue Oct 28 17:37:10 CST 2003

I'm sending the e-mail below to this list as well, since it may be useful
to some people. (it was originally sent to the Codeweavers list)
--

John,

Here is a way to change the apps colors:
In Windows (not emulated, win2000 is ok for this), use the "Display
properties => Appearance"  tab and choose your colors.
Still in Windows, open regedit, and export the key
"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors" to a file (ex. "my-colors.reg")
Now go back to Linux, and import this file using regedit.exe from Wine.
This should get rid of the (really) nasty default grey.

Regards,
Rainer

> Is there any way to customize the interface presented by windows apps
running
> under cxoffice? In Windows, you can change the themes used, and hence
change
> the colours of toolbars etc. However, there's no obvious way to do this
in cxoffice.

> I would like to be able to change the default nasty grey to something
more similar to my gtk2-based desktop. Is there any easy way to do this?

> TiA
>
> John
> --
> John Pettigrew                       Headstrong Games
> john at headstrong-games.co.uk          Fun : Strategy : Price
> http://www.headstrong-games.co.uk/   Board games that won't break the
bank Knossos: escape the ever-changing labyrinth before the Minotaur
catches you!