question about WIN95INF32.DLL

Dave Phillips dlphilp at bright.net
Sat Sep 13 10:51:14 CDT 2003

Greetings:

  I'd like to test the FruityLoops music application in WINE but I'm
stalled by this error at start-up:

[dlphilp at localhost FLStudio4]$ wine FL.exe
fixme:win32:PE_CreateModule Unknown directory 15 ignored
err:module:import_dll Module (file) hhctrl.ocx (which is needed by
C:\Program Files\FLStudio4\FLEngine.dll) not found
err:win32:PE_LoadLibraryExA can't load C:\Program
Files\FLStudio4\FLEngine.dll

  I got the package containing hhctrl.ocx from M$ and tried installing
it so:

[dlphilp at localhost ms-crap]$ wine HHUPD.EXE
fixme:win32:PE_CreateModule Security directory ignored
fixme:process:CreateProcessA (E:\IXP000.TMP\setup.exe,...):
NORMAL_PRIORITY_CLASS ignored

  First I get an error regarding HTML Help not being installed. When I
click OK to download it the install starts okay but stops with this
error:

Error loading WIN95INF32.DLL

  I found exactly one relevant post regarding this DLL on Google. The
post points out that it is needed by some installers, and the poster
included a patch to provide a stub. This patch was introduced in May of
this year (2003), and the author pointed out that only stubs were
provided, i.e. the patch does not supply a working DLL.

  So my question is: Can I do anything about this error with my current
WINE (20030813) ? Any advice will be vastly appreciated ! :)

Best regards,

== Dave Phillips

	The Linux Soundapps Site at http://linux-sound.org