Some strange things with files

pvriens at xs4all.nl pvriens at xs4all.nl
Sun Mar 7 12:23:14 CST 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to install 'Zoo Tycoon' with the CVS version of wine. I copied
the CD to /mnt/virtual_cdrom and assigned V: in my config file:

[Drive V]
"Path" = "/mnt/virtual_cdrom"
"Type" = "cdrom"
"Label" = "CD-Rom"
"Filesystem" = "win95"

When I now try to run setup.exe (being in /mnt/virtual_cdrom) it fails
because it cannot file instmsia.exe which is located on V:

The following trace however confuses me:

trace:file:GetFileInformationByHandle 0xffffffff
trace:file:GetShortPathNameA "instmsia.exe"
trace:file:GetShortPathNameW L"instmsia.exe"
trace:file:GetShortPathNameW returning L"instmsia.exe"
trace:file:GetShortPathNameA "V:"
trace:file:GetShortPathNameW L"V:"
trace:file:GetShortPathNameW returning L"V:"
fixme:exec:ShellExecuteExW32 flags ignored: 0x00000440
trace:file:CreateFileW L"C:\\WINDOWS\\SYSTEM\\instmsia.exe" GENERIC_READ
FILE_SHARE_READ OPEN_EXISTING  attributes 0x0
warn:file:CreateFileW Unable to get full filename from
L"C:\\WINDOWS\\SYSTEM\\instmsia.exe" (GLE 2)

Why are we looking in C:\\WINDOWS\\SYSTEM for the instmsia.exe. It's
obviously not there but in V:\\

Any ideas ?

Cheers,

Paul Vriens.