Some strange things with files

Rein Klazes rklazes at xs4all.nl
Tue Mar 9 03:32:24 CST 2004

On Sun, 7 Mar 2004 19:23:14 +0100 (CET), you wrote:

> fixme:exec:ShellExecuteExW32 flags ignored: 0x00000440
> trace:file:CreateFileW L"C:\\WINDOWS\\SYSTEM\\instmsia.exe" GENERIC_READ
> FILE_SHARE_READ OPEN_EXISTING  attributes 0x0
> warn:file:CreateFileW Unable to get full filename from
> L"C:\\WINDOWS\\SYSTEM\\instmsia.exe" (GLE 2)
>
> Why are we looking in C:\\WINDOWS\\SYSTEM for the instmsia.exe. It's
> obviously not there but in V:\\

The ShellExecute family of functions are quite complicated where they
search for the executable. There may very well bugs affecting you here.

Can you run with "--debugmsg +exec,+process", look in the output for the
quoted snippet and post it, now with the additional messages?

Btw, is your current directory "V:\\"? Does it matter if you make it so?

Rein.
--
Rein Klazes
rklazes at xs4all.nl