[Wine]ActiveX support in Wine

Martin Widmark martin.widmark at takeit.se
Tue Sep 7 11:11:56 CDT 2004

Rein Klazes wrote:
> Fiddling is probably wrong. Try either with either all ole dlls set to
> native, or built-in. Ole is every dll with a name starting with ole and
> rpcrt4.dll.

I'm terribly sorry Sir!

Seems that I forgot to tell you guys what wine version I use, I always use
the latest monthly release version so it just slipped my mind. Sorry.
Also, our client system seems to have been acting up lately. So I strongly
suspect it to be the cause pf the stange errors I got. Sorry for the confusion.

When I installed wine-20040813 on a standard Fedora Core 2, everything
seems to behave much more nicely! Fancy that, strange how much easier things
are if you do them right...

Anyway, I used your very good advice and set all ole-dlls to native after
installing dcom98. And it works quite good.

This is the dlloverrides I used to run Polydoc 2.5:

> ; OLE-dlls
> "ole2"          = "native"
> "ole32"         = "native"
> "oleaut32"      = "native"
> "olecnv32"      = "native"
> "olepro32"      = "native"
> "olethk32"      = "native"
> "rpcrt4"        = "native"
> ; Standard config below
> "comdlg32"     = "builtin, native"
> "shell32"      = "builtin, native"
> "shfolder"     = "builtin, native"
> "shlwapi"      = "builtin, native"
> "shdocvw"      = "builtin, native"
> "advapi32"     = "builtin, native"
> "msvcrt"       = "native, builtin"
> "mciavi.drv"   = "native, builtin"
> "mcianim.drv"  = "native, builtin"
> "msi"          = "native, builtin"
> "d3drm"        = "native, builtin"
> "d3dxof"       = "native, builtin"
> "dpnhpast"     = "native, builtin"

It still have some UI-problems, as listbox controls that seems to
loop endlessly if I click the "arrow". Have to do alot more testing
though.

My sincere thanks.

Later,
--