[Wine]lack of DirectX blocks installation

Gabor Istvan suseuser04 at freemail.hu
Sat Aug 6 11:44:29 CDT 2005

Dear folks:

In would like to install Sonic Foundry's CDArchitect with wine
on my Suse-9.3 box.
I have tried it with wine-20050628 (rpm package compiled for
Suse-9.3) and older wine releases but all gave the same result.
I start the install with:
wine sfsetup.exe
The install greeting screen comes up and after cliking OK the
EULA I get a message that says:

"Unable to install software. This software product requires
DirectX Media Streaming Servicers 5.2a (formally known as
ActiveMovie) or later to be installed.... etc."

As I know wine already has its own DirectX support up to
DirectX8 (or even 9) and can not use native MS Direct X.  How
could I then install this software?

TIA
IG