[Wine] .NET Framework 2.0

David Srbecky dsrbecky at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 17:05:34 CST 2005

Hello,

Could anyone at least outline what needs to be done in wine to make .NET
Framework 2.0 work?

The wiki states that there was some success:
http://wiki.winehq.org/MicrosoftDotNet

And I have managed to run .NET Framework 1.1 console application myself.

So I guess that it is nearly working.

Unfortunately mono is not an option for a serious development at the moment.

System.Windows.Forms 2.0 will not be finished in mono anytime soon.
Visual Studio .NET will never work on mono.
SharpDevelop 2.0 does not work in mono because it depends on debugging
API which will not be implemented in mono.

(MonoDevelop works in mono, but it is missing too many features compared
with Visual Studio .NET or SharpDevelop 2.0)

Regards,
David Srbecky