[Wine]WineTools 2.0.9 released

Joachim von Thadden thadden at web.de
Tue Jan 4 15:07:27 CST 2005

Am Di, Jan 04, 2005 at 08:37:04 -0800 schrieb Mark Knecht:
> Humm...OK, I know I'm not much of a Linux guy but I'm now confused. On
> my system, before doing any of this link stuff the directory
> /usr/local/bin already exists. How can I create a link of any type at
> location /usr/local called 'bin' when the directory already exists?

Because "ln" thinks before it does something. If there is no
/usr/local/bin it will make a link from /usr/local/winetools/findwine to
/usr/local/bin. But if there is a directory calles /usr/local/bin, it
put a link findwine *into* that directory.

> All the -f does is force the issue which is a dangerous thing to do, isn't it?

It forces a link to be done, also if the file already exists. But a
directory like bin is not a file. So it looks into bin and if it finds
there a file called findwine it will replace it with the link.

> Also, WRT the problems I'm having, I'm using wine-20041019 from source
> and the IE6 installer crashed. What version of Wine are you actually
> using? I'll switch to that in an attempt to completely duplicate your
> environment.

I never use self compiled Wine installations, so it's likely that there
are differences. I always use the RPMs from winehq for the distro (fc1
and fc2 for me). WineTools tells you, if your wine version is not
tested. 20041019 is best tested for now.

Regards
	Joachim
          Never run a touchy system!!!"