[Wine]Re: Space Empires: Starfury problems

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Thu Jan 6 13:47:43 CST 2005

Adam Babcock wrote:

> I've read through all of the documentation. Your "How to help get
> applications working" guide is nice, but not really useful. What would
> be really nice is a guide that says step by step some tests to run to
> help determine what to run. The wine documentation is good, but spread
> all over the place.I have made some headway debugging this program, I
> was at least able to get it to display the menus by using a windows
> d3drm.dll, but still no luck getting it running.

I will start out by saying I don't really know much about Direct Draw
and DirectX in Wine (or in Windows for that matter). My general
impression from lurking on the wine-devel list is that DirectX 8 support
was fairly far along about two months ago. At that point, work started
on DirectX 9, and the work was such that it would likely break some
DirectX things. You might want to check out some discussion of this:

http://www.winehq.org/?issue=244#Direct3D%209%20Work
http://www.winehq.org/?issue=253#Direct3D%209

If the above comments are completely unrelated to your problem (a
distinct possibility) then just ignore them ;)