[Wine]DC++ and Wine

Isaac Rabicoff irabicoff at kc.rr.com
Wed Jul 20 02:20:37 CDT 2005

Hello everyone,

I am unable to operate DC++ with wine, and I have the latest versions of
each.  I was able to run DC++ with a slightly older version of wine, but
it crashed whenever someone tried to download from me, or I tried to
download from someone else.  Now, I'm unable to load DC++ and receive
the following error:

BokuNoSekai bin # ./wine "/root/.wine/Apps/DC++/dcplusplus.exe"
Could not load 'KEYBOARD.DLL' required by 'COMMCTRL', error=21
err:thunk:_loadthunk (commctrl.dll, Cctl1632_ThunkData16, comctl32.dll):
Unable to load 'commctrl.dll', error 2
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk "comctl32.dll" failed to initialize, aborting
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for
L"Z:\\root\\.wine\\Apps\\DC++\\dcplusplus.exe" failed, status c0000142

I'm using the default/example wine config with the following dll
overides for dc++:

[AppDefaults\\DCPlusPlus.exe\\dlloverrides]
"*" = "builtin,native"
"comctl32" = "native"
"commctrl" = "native"
"comdlg32" = "native"
"riched20" = "native"
"keyboard" = "native"

I've tried running dc++ with every windows version with the same
result.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Isaac