[Wine]Re: WINE and localhost IP

Rein Klazes wijn at wanadoo.nl
Tue Mar 1 06:00:04 CST 2005

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 16:39:19 +0100 (MET), in
gmane.comp.emulators.wine.user you wrote:

> I am using a Windows program called Nettune that operates as a music server
> to a network conntected Hifi amplifier.  When I try to start the program it
> starts, but always reports that a global Internet IP has been assigned to
> the PC and the program cannot continue as it requires a specific IP.
> Networking is functioning correctly under Linux as part of a DHCP network.

That remains to be seen, many DHCP systems do not take the trouble of
feeding the assigned IP numbers to the DNS.

If you enter on the console "host your_host_name", do you get the
correct address? Wine may also do the equivalent of the command
"hostname", does that work as expected?

Try entering the wanted IP address and hostname in your /etc/hosts file
and see if that works.

Rein.
--
Rein Klazes