[Wine]Re: Broken Date Selection Window

Rein Klazes wijn at wanadoo.nl
Sun Mar 27 09:26:59 CST 2005

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 12:04:01 -0600, in gmane.comp.emulators.wine.user
you wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been working on getting the application WeatherScope working under
> Wine.
>
> http://sdg.ocs.ou.edu/builds/final/win/WeatherScope/WeatherScope-1.2.1.exe
> (Free for educational and non-commercial use)
>
> With a little help from Rein Klazes, I've gotten the application
> running.  The program is usable, but it has some pretty major warts, at
> least under Wine 20050310.  The biggest one is with a popup window that
> allows you to change the date and time for the data you are looking at
> (which is accessed by right clicking on the date/time and selecting
> date).  Under Windows, this window has one box with the date and one
> with the time, and each box has an up and down arrow for incrementing
> the various numbers in the date and time.  Under wine, both boxes have
> the time, there is no date shown anywhere.  Also the arrows are not
> present, but when you click in the area where they should be, you get a
> popup allowing you to select a date from a calendar.  Unfortunately, you
> get this calendar for both the date and time boxes.
>
> Screenshots from windows and linux are attached.  Any one have any ideas
> where to start trying to debug this?

This is some fault in wine's date&time picker (DTP) control. You can
work around it by using a native comctl32.dll. Copy one from a windows
installation, to wine's windows\system directory and run wine like:
WINEDLLOVERRIDES=comctl32=n wine ...

BTW, since this makes a good test case for the DTP control, an entry in
wine's bugzilla (http://bugs.winhq.org) would make sense.

Rein.
--
Rein Klazes